Sunday, December 15, 2013

AN IMPROMPTU VISIT.

DSC02186 (Copy)

My son Ken and his wife, Laurie stopped in with their two little dachshunds for  an hour to play in the snow. They went out and threw snowballs and watched the dogs discover  "cold white stuff." We had a brew and a chat.  A nice interlude. Even nicer because Ken has not lived in this county since he graduated from Bret Harte High School in 1979. I really like the idea that my kids live close enough to casually stop by.  All but one, Kristanne, who will stay in Las Vegas, at least until her son graduates high school.
I spent part of the day going through old picture albums and travel scrapbooks, with some Christmas carols playing, and  a cuppa warm cider for my trip down memory lane.
IMG_0130 (Copy)

On my machine, I have "scrapbooks" too. I found this one of  lighting the tree from 2011.
DSC04361 (Copy)

And this one of Laurie and Kristanne sharing a glass of wine.  Kristanne and Virginia and their families will be missing this year, so we've planned a get together that everyone can attend in January.
Even when you are retired, weekends are special. It is easier to relax and enjoy the season. Hey, am I getting to rocking chair age? Or what?   I'm, lovin' every minute of it.

No comments: