Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HAPPINESS EVER AFTER.

DSC03981 (Copy)
This is jokingly called a coonass microwave. Inside is a hog being roasted for a wedding shower at the VFW Post 9822  where we stayed at Duson for a week.  They rent out their hall for receptions, weddings and other special events. I spotted it  mid-morning before going out for the Jam on Saturday.
Commander and the bride's grandfather.
Folks at the post invited us to attend a wedding shower, but we  returned to the motor home figuring a wedding shower is a personal event and I was about to fix dinner when Richard, on the right,  came knocking at our door and insisted we should join the festivities. It was late and most of the afternoon guests had left by then, so we walked over and joined them.groom and bridebeing silly
Here then is the groom and bride to be.  The young people were having fun.
DSC04143 (Copy)
I asked one of the bridesmaids-to-be if this was a tradition.  “Well, yeah”, she said as she smiled and crossed her eyes.
DSC04145 (Copy)
Happiness was evident everywhere.
clowning around just for fun.
A frame is set up and a table with costumes is available for everyone to play with.
grooms mom dancing with her drink
Mother of the groom was up and tapping her feet,  and half dancing while visiting with family members.
A great feed for all.
After we ate a marvelous meal with asparagus, dirty rice, green salad with pecans, scalloped potatoes, the roasted pork and more, the pans were just about empty.
DSC04158 (Copy)
Beautiful cakes for dessert with fresh flowers. It resembled a wedding, rather than a shower. A long table spread with gifts and all the elements of a wedding except for the preacher. Wow!
DSC04173 (Copy)
I didn’t get any names, well, I got them all but don’t remember. The guy on the right is from California and he enjoyed talking to someone who knew California. His dad was in the Contra Costa Co. Sheriff’s department so we had a lot in common. He loves Louisiana, but misses his old stomping grounds. Camping at Big Trees, skiing at Kirkwood, and Bear Valley, fishing at New Mellones.
DSC04166 (Copy)
Richard is the grandfather of the bride-to-be.
DSC04174 (Copy)
It was a lot of fun and just another feature of the friendliness of people in Louisiana. (Me, dancing with the commander.) All about us was the message “HAPPILY EVER AFTER.”  To every bride and groom I impart the same wish:  “May you have as much happiness in your marriage as I did in mine.”
DSC04713 (Copy)
As I leave the Motor Home of Fun, I can only say, “I wonder what’s around the bend?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts in
this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon
this site. Reading this information So i'm happy to show that I've a very good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed.
I such a lot certainly will make sure to do not omit this web site and give it a look regularly.



My website christian louboutin pointed toe
my web page: christian louboutin pointed toe