Friday, August 21, 2009

DAN KLENNERT

At Blaine Harbor, earlier this month, I ran into this sculpture of a seahorse made from horseshoes. That clever choice of materials garnered my admiration, but I had fallen in love with this piece the instant I saw it. I wanted to stay and drink it in but my partner only drinks Canadian Mist. We rushed off and I didn't even get the name of the artist.
Returning from Mt. St. Helens brought us past a Sculpture Garden filled with immense and some not so immense, creations, 3 miles east of Elbe on State Route 706. It was late in the day and a hard sell, but Jim found the brakes and I wandered in amazement. Here was Dan Klennert's work en masse. A picture of the seahorse is on his brochure. His gallery is open May through October. His sculpture garden, Ex-Hilo, (latin for something made out of nothing) is open all year. Dan says: "Cleanse your mind and soul...take a stroll through my imagination."
Yesterday's signal wouldn't allow me to load the 34 pictures I took. The early riser gets the bandwidth. Click on the link below to see them.
http://picasaweb.google.com/1579penn/DanKlennert#
Just as an aside, while struggling with the signal in the library and recalcitrant washing machines here at Paradise Park, I met a young wanna-be-Stephen King and I failed to get his email. This young man is really talented and I hope he will contact me via this blog and leave me a contact because we are all going to hear more of him in the future.