Thursday, November 21, 2013

COST EFFECTIVE HOME GARDENS.

I’m busy with so many projects, there is little time for blogging. But, I did appreciate from Green America, the list of the ten most cost effective things to grow in your garden.

Top ten most cost-effective plants for your garden to save money on your grocery bill? (Answer: Cilantro, arugula, salad mix, chives, dill, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, turnips, large tomatoes, winter squash.

I’m grateful to my neighbor who grows winter squash, cherry tomatoes, large tomatoes. He also grows basil, zucchini, eggplant, chard and various peppers. Lucky me. Arugula, dill, lettuce and chives can be grown in pots.  I am thankful I have such  sharing neighbors in Ron and Suzy Hayes.

I am hoping to have a garden again, someday, when I retire from the road.

Ciao.

No comments: