Friday, January 17, 2014

LIFE'S LITTLE DRAMAS.

IMG_3278 (Copy)
An invitation for lunch from my friend, Paul was a pleasant two hours. We tried to solve all the problems of senior dating. It should be easy, but it isn't. Men want women 20 years younger than themselves, it seems. He had one taker but after nine months of traveling back and forth to southern California, they didn't have enough in common to make it work.
IMG_3277 (Copy)
Lunch at Alchemy in Murphys, is to benefit from a wonderful chef. I ordered the white bean chicken stew with shaved lemon parmesan. Delish! Everything I've ever eaten there has been wonderful. Great soups and salads and wonderful entrees.
Paul had salmon and a salad with candied pecans and cranberriers.
IMG_3279 (Copy) They bring you corn bread, but, as you can see, it isn't what you might expect.
DSC02483 (Copy)

In the afternoon, I got a call from a friend that a dog needed rescue from someone who was threatening to take it to the pound. The dog's owner, my friend Anne, died and her caretaker decided she wouldn't caretake the dog until the new owner could come from Oregon and get it. So, off I went and came home with this cute little part papillon. Animal Lovers is trying to find it a home.
DSC02497 (Copy)

I haven't had a dog in about 8 years and it was fun to bond with a dog in need. But, my travel plans are soon. I expect little dogs are much easier to place than men in their 80's.  Both, are gems.

No comments: