Monday, December 31, 2012

SIBLING CHRISTMAS

IMG_3200

My sister Dawn spent Christmas with her immediate family in Chico and drove the three hours to my house on Dec. 28th. Brother Norman is my homeless brother and we all get together once a year at Christmas.  Norman is very political and shared all of the letters he has written to various newspapers and congress-people. We played Rummikub endlessly, it seemed with much fun and hilarity.
IMG_3204

Yesterday, the rest of the family arrived, Clark, Bill, and Theresa, Clarks Finance. Bill lost his bid for congress. Without my glasses on, I didn’t realize I caught everyone with their mouths full.
IMG_3207

We don’t exchange gifts, but Dawn bought me a shirt she couldn’t resist.IMG_3208

She knows I’m an avid fan of Downton Abbey. Mary from Downton Abbey is the figure on the right. If you don’t know the program, well, it may be hard to understand. We had a lot of fun, remembering the program which is set to begin a third series January 16th. I will miss it because I’ll be on the road with Jim.


IMG_3205

We talked politics and solved the problems of the world in four hours. We reminisced about being raised with politics at dinner every night when we were growing up. We all have different solutions, it seems. We talked about our thinning ranks.
IMG_3202

Dawn reminded me she will be 80 years old on her next birthday.
IMG_3203

Norman is 66. Bill is 75. Clark is the youngest at 57. We’ve lost two brothers, Mark and Dan. So, we remember them and tell family stories. There is always a new one not everyone has heard before.  It is time well spent. Today, I un-decorate and say good-bye to another eventful year as I close the house, (mostly the refrigerator) and pack my bags and prepare to meet Jim. (Maybe I can hide the five pounds I put on over Thanksgiving and Christmas.)

1 comment:

OverTheTopCargoTrailer said...

Mary

I'm installing another 2 layer of insulation, so that I will be ready when it gets -25 at your place in Murphy and I need to test how well it works :-))

I'll be laying on my heating mat soaking in the solar, the colder it gets, the more solar she makes.

Jerry


http://overthetopcargotrailer.blogspot.com/