Friday, December 10, 2010

THAT TIME OF YEAR

My partner, the weather wimp, is basking in Palm Desert, and enjoying the warmth and sunshine as many people do. But fall and winter have their appeal.
The smell of burning brush, getting the yard cleaned up; the coolish, sometimes crispy weather feels good for a change.
Summer heat gets wearing and glaring. Enough is enough. Welcome fall with bold, colored leaves.  Cold starry nights to gaze upon those immutable orbs and wonder about the vast above. Tuck inside with hot soup simmering on the stove.
And, when you go to a meeting, as I did last night,, with the local Democrats Club,  you get dressed for a holiday party and get a small stocking full of treats by your plate.
And see folks dressed up like reindeer.
On the way home many houses already lit up declared Christmas is at hand. I listened to non-stop Carols on the radio. It puts you in a happy frame of mind and you recognize its that time of year when a bit of magic is in the air.  
They say the world will end in fire. Some say ice. If I had my drothers, I'd take the ice.

No comments: