Monday, December 13, 2010

"OH, THE PLACES I'VE BEEN"

 After the Community Club Christmas Party Saturday, when I unloaded my pictures from my camera, they appeared in two folders? I was astounded that I had hit the 10,000 mark. The second folder had nine pictures in it numbered from 000001 to 000009.
It brought to mind the lyrical words of Dr. Seus:

"Oh, the places you'll go, there is fun to be done,
There are points to be scored, there are games to be won,
And the magical things you can do with that" -
Cannon PowerShot A710                


Dr. Seus didn't have a camera in his story, but I began reflecting on all of the places I've had the good fortune to travel with the magical excitement his words suggest.  This camera has been recording memories with me on trips to China, Japan, Costa Rica, Peru, Florida and Thailand.
And, just since I've met Jim, we've traveled to Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Michigan Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada!  That's 29 states including California. Plus Mexico.
Traveling to these places is one thing, but the adventures along the way and the digital memories definitely have me humming and singing,

Oh the places I've been,
There's more fun to be done.
There are sights left to see,
Let's not miss a one.

There are states to explore
And friends we can't miss
How could we have known
Life would be like this.

No comments: