Friday, November 22, 2019

MUSEUMS

I've rambled about the country a lot when I traveled with Jim  and we visited a lot of museums. Don't believe we went through a town that didn't have a museum. One thing I learned about travel is you need a good pair of shoes.  Now, for choices.

MUSTARD MUSEUM
CIGAR
QUESTIONABLE  MEDICAL DEVICES 
  These read and looked like torture devices. None of them got patented.
COOKIE JAR
CHECKER HALL OF FAME
JOHNSTOWN FLOOD MUSEUM
TOOTH FAIRY
ICE HOUSE MUSEUM
BEVERAGE CONTAINERS
  Hard to believe how many varieties once made.
CHECKER HALL OF FAME
TOILET PAPER MUSEUM
   A note on this one, I had a friend who collected toilet paper and I found a unique piece in China and brought him several sheets. He moved from the Diggin's. I have a roll with smiley faces on it?  Anybody?  Your's for the asking.
BALL HALL OF FAME
BOWLING BALL HALL OF FAME.
LIBERACE MUSEUM  
 Now closed. My Mom came away with sparkles in her eyes from his glittering stage costumes and his music.
MOTOR CYCLE
 Quite a history lesson. Both Jim and I had a turn at owning and riding motor cycles.
NATIONAL KNIFE MUSEM. 
   You could expect jack knives, and swords, but biblical blades and guillotine setups and unimaginal shaped blades and handles from countries I'd never heard of. Monster instruments meant to kill and maime. Fascinating even so.
MUSEUM OF AMERICAN GLASS.
  A meander through awesome beauty. The glass bloswers were working and they also told the story of how leaded glass caused the death of workers who developed lead poisoning. Glass that held neon like qualities when the lights were out could make one believe in magic.

Many more on my list to revisit on another day.







1 comment:

CELPIP EXAM BOOKING said...

Coming across your webpage has been one of my highlights this January. This is what quality content looks like. The style, language and delivery meets every ECFMG CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS​ ​
I gotta make sure to bookmark this link and check out more of your content. Not everyday you learn HOW TO BECOME ECFMG CERTIFIED ​ , so this was very timely. Keep up the good work dear.