Thursday, November 14, 2019

FUNNY NAME USA

When I was a stamp collector,  I began collecting envelopes with Christmas themed post marks. Towns like Mistletoe, Noel, Harmony, Christmas, North Pole, Holly, and so on.  I would display them in a miniature mail box...well, we all have our little obsessions. It was fun.  Recently I came across Funny Name USA. Check these out.

Boar Tush, Alabama
Eek, Alaska
Why, Arizona
Booger Hollow, Arkansas
Zzyzx, California
Hygiene, Colorado
Needmore, Florida
Happyland, Connecticut
Bacons, Delaware
Hopeulikit, Georgia
Volcano Village, Hawaii
Beer Bottle Crossing, Idaho
 Embarrass, Illinois
Santa Claus, Indiana
Correctionville, Iowa
Ransomeville, Kansas
Monkey's Eyebrow, Kentucky
Cut Off, Louisiana
Owls Head, Maine
Accident, Maryland
Belchertown, Massachusetts
Hell, Michigan
    There was once a Hell, California, too. It is long gone
however.
There's more. I'll get to them tomorrow if I can't find what I originally typed up for today.
I'm sort of relearning how to blog and what I saved I cannot find.  This list may
sound familiar, because I got it from a Readers Digest.  One of these days, I'll figure out how to
insert a picture and still be able to return to the blog. Hey, it's trickier than it used to be.


No comments: