Thursday, May 7, 2009

LAUGHTER IS HEALING


I have to admire my friend, Bill Foster, an avid golfer, world traveler, former pilot and insurance expert faced with a deadly disease. He's had to give up all such pursuits. He is quite confined to his house at Greenhorn Creek and watches the golfers strolling by and kitbitzes their strokes. On cold days he works on making rugs that he gives to friends and family or places around the house. He opens his home to others for neighborhood social events and keeps in touch with family and friends. What I value about Bill's acceptance of his situation is that he retains his sense of humor. He never fails to make me laugh. He told me recently he had a couple of blind dates but they were deaf, too.
His prescription: laughter can keep you alive. Making rugs helps, too. Laughter travels.

No comments: