Thursday, May 28, 2009

LUNCH WITH A COUPLE OF STREET WALKERS


My cousin Terri Cardoza and I had lunch with a couple of self described "streetwalkers"-retired. "It's our claim to fame," said Elaine Koopman, left, of her partnership in crime with Millie Freitas. These two streetwalkers are 80 and 90 years old, respectively. The street walking happened during their twenties when the two best friends served in Soroptomists together and needed new blood for their group. They took to the street, knocking on doors, and managed to recruit 55 new members. Their reputation was established. Hmmm! Fame lives longer than 15 minutes in some circles.
Elaine flits around the house like a young girl. Millie beats Terri and I, and sundry others, at cards and dominoes with regularity. These two babes don't let any moss grow between their toes or ears.
Oh, that I can maintain such a sense of fun when I'm in my eighties and nineties.

No comments: