Monday, June 13, 2011

LEAVING WASHINGTON STATE


Yesterday, I took a last walk around this beautiful park.

Took the recycling to the bins, and stopped on impulse to play on the swing. I can’t resist a good high flyer.

It replaced my swim. My travel tip for you.  A plastic bag works well to take a wet swimsuit in a suitcase,  but only  if you have the place and opportunity to remove your suit  and dry it as soon as you arrive at your destination.

I’m going to miss the beauty here, but not the cold. My luck, the sun will shine as soon as I leave, though it is raining as I enjoy my morning tea.

More lush rhododendrons.  Yesterday, we had a beer at the Eagles. We were served by a cute young bartender who had one blue eye and one brown eye. I’ve seen it in humans previously,  but it's rare. On our way through town, I saw a sign on the Keg And Cue, that related this message:
BEER IS CHEAPER THAN GAS. DRINK, DON’T DRIVE.
I arrive in Orange County at 2:30 in the afternoon.

No comments: