Sunday, March 13, 2011

OH FOR YESTERDAY ONCE MORE

Yesterday, I started on my mail.  Here it is stacked in neat little piles. Paring it down by doing much of my correspondence on-line, subscribing to less magazines and periodicals has resulted in a huge reduction from last year at this time. That said, when it all came out of the packaging and envelopes, I had two sacks of paper for the recycling and a mess on the table.
On the sideboard, my taxes started. Emptying out the old files from last year, and discarding what isn't needed. Oh, for yesteryear!

Instead of chugging away at home, I was at the visitors center in Lafayette, LA. enjoying this beautiful pond,
from a mosaic bench, one of several  to sit on in the shade..
Near the driveway is this attractive sculpture of Rosie's Bar.
Then, later in the day, we went to a museum where we viewed the faces of cajun life in the area. These are all pictures of pictures from the museum about Cajun Culture.
Such a beautiful face.
Simpler times.
Full of belly laughs.
And joy as they "let the good times roll."
The groom does look a little nervous.
Its wonderful to have my pictures to look back on and remember the fun of yesterday in Southern Louisiana. Many people ask me what was my favorite place to visit on the road. Southern Louisiana was high on the list.We blogged  that area at this time in 2010.



No comments: