Wednesday, July 21, 2010

LAST DAY AT ROCKY NECK STATE PARK

Jim's daughter-in-law, Wendy, with her sisters gathered at the beach. Her brother, not pictured, is also present. This camp out at Rocky Neck for the Coombe family has been a tradition for many years. Rocky Neck is approximately 20-30 minutes from home for everybody. Adults and the kids look forward to this yearly reunion.   The kids are all cavorting in the sand or the shallow, sandy bottomed Atlantic. Great place for kids to swim. Since I'm a big kid, I enjoyed it too. Compared to the Pacific, the water is warm and friendly. It even seems less salty.
Two nine year old cousins, walked with me to the jetty, Shelby and Jaime. They showed me where the brook enters the ocean; helped me find pretty stones unique to the area; and where the ice cream truck hangs out.
I teased them that this was their favorite part of the beach.
Three of the cousins biked back to the campground with me. Meridith, the youngest, biked with her mom and dad since she can't yet keep up with the older kids.
Shelby diverted me to an amphitheater where she posed for the camera with no prompting. I can see a budding actress here.

Before dinner, the kids played rousing games of volley ball with all comers.
 Jim stayed away from the beach, nursing his bug bites and settled in with a good book.

No comments: