Tuesday, January 20, 2009

JANUARY 20TH, 2ND BLOG-POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY

POLITICS
I meant to do one blog today, as per usual. However, in Brownie's Restaurant, I spied this political treatise by an 18th century philosopher by the name of Andrew Oliver of Boston. Thought I'd repeat it for you on this auspicious day.
Politics is the most hazardous of all professions. There is no other in which a man (or woman) can hope to do so much good to his fellow creatures..and neither is there any in which, by mere loss of nerve, he may do widespread harm.
There is not another in which he may so easily lose his own soul nor is there another in which a positive and strict veracity is so difficult. But, danger is the inseparable companion of honor. With all its temptations and degradations that beset it, politics is still the noblest career any man (or woman) can choose.

The (or woman) was added by me.
I'll be back on Thursday

No comments: