Tuesday, December 29, 2015

IS GOOGLE A MONSTER?

I refuse to use Google as my browser because I hated it. I felt like it was designed to take over my life. Anything but Google. Even then, you end up with plenty of Google, like Google Earth and a convenient search line from your browser whether it is FireFox, or Sea Monkey. I like Google Earth and they do a wide search, but I find using Google as my browser invasive.

I just got confirmation that my instincts are correct. This came from an article in the Washington Post:

Google was once a bit player in schools, but is now a dominant force. Parents in many school districts can't opt out of the company's tracking.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has had problems with Google.  In my opinion you may be facing unpleasant consequences if you use it as your browser.

No comments: