Tuesday, November 6, 2012

ELECTION DAY HUZZAH!

The days of campaigning with a parade, red, white and blue bunting and a megaphone on the corner are gone.

I’ve worked the polls off and on most of my life. The very first house my husband and I bought, became the neighborhood polling place for the 10 years  we owned it.  The judge from that polling place always brought her “election cake” made with persimmons. It was her family tradition we enjoyed. What I remember most about those days, was friendly neighbors, most of whom I registered while pulling my first child along in a wagon from house to house.

Since being on the road with Jim,  one thing I miss is the great food we brought to the polling place in Murphys.  A veritable feast of a potluck is the tradition here. And, I miss meeting and greeting old friends I may only see once a year at the polling place.

They say the only constant is change and for many people exercising their right to vote can be complicated. Election Protection is a nonpartisan coalition of 150 organizations dedicated to making sure everyone can exercise their right to vote. If you have a problem at the polls on Election Day, or if you just need to find your polling place or have a question, you can call 1-866-687-8683, or download their smart phone app at the links below:
It is time for a bit of levity. There is a siite filled with political humor, lampooning both Obama and Romney; Showing funny political signs and cartoons. It’s  a riot. Check it out.
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bl-funny-pictures.htm

There are probably a dozen of these political humor sites. I only looked at one. My sign would read, I’M GLAD THIS ELECTION IS OVER.
Cheers to all.

No comments: