Sunday, April 15, 2012

ACROSS THE RIVER


I crossed over  the Stanislaus river to sign my taxes  for e-filing, and to pick up my paperwork, an especially beautiful drive at this time of year. No traffic to speak of.  I could stop in the middle of the road and take pictures.  After descending into the canyon, the bridge is in front of me.

Here I got out and aimed for that bright patch of green on the opposite bank.

The rain has given the wild flowers a boost.

Roadside lupines taller than I’ve ever seen them.

Mosses thick and lush.

Redbud blooming everywhere.

A bit of bright orange caught my eye.  Though I couldn’t identify it, I admire its tenacity as it seems to choose inhospitable rocky places to grow and show off some color.

The weather was supposed to be sunny yesterday. Instead it was drear, but it didn’t affect my pleasure in my trip across the river. The foothills of Calaveras and Tuolumne County are beautiful in the spring. (You can click on these photos to make them bigger.)

No comments: