Sunday, April 1, 2012

THICK RAIN.


Yesterday was a day of thick rain. It got thicker and thicker as the day wore on and eventually left an inch of slush on my deck. The kind of day you use to snuggle in, and read or sew. I did paperwork and made progress on my self assigned tasks.

Late in the day, the slush melted off. Brother Clark came by and helped me fix my greenhouse. Two of the glass panels had slid to the ground and he pushed them back up, replaced the trim board and tightened the screws.

The battery gave out on my makita, so it turned into a hand job. I am ever so grateful to have several brothers who often step in to help me out with chores around my place.
Later in the  evening, I finished a book I had started, sort of an omniscient book. A fun and unusual read.

I welcome a quiet, slow day on occasion. I have a friend who loves the weather here and comments that she got tired of the unchanging weather, the unrelenting sunshine of  living in Southern California for most of her life. The poet was right. Home is where the heart is and I do enjoy home between my rambles with Jim. Even if it means a day of thick rain.

No comments: