Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WHEN COMPUTERS GO WRONG

Working on a complicated project, converting old video tapes to DVD, for me, is frustrating. It is even worse when the DVD burner on your two year old computer decides not to work. Of course, its no longer under warranty.

Once the problem was identified, Jim researched the net and found we could purchase a new DVD drive for $107. Then, its a matter of getting it installed.

Now, I'm here to tell you that is not what happened at all. Jim got the HP technical staff on-line. He downloaded the extensive HP Manual. Then, they chatted him through the repair. It took several hours from start to finish, but we didn't have to wait for a the part to arrive nor spend the money. Now, that's what I call a success story.

HP was so helpful. And, I'm glad to know there is an alternative when things go wrong. Its not always necessary to shell out for that new part when you really can "do it yourself!"

Men seem to be more savvy about fixing things than women. At least in my generation. I never would have thought to do what he did. So, ladies, its time we learn.
Thanks, Jim.

No comments: