Friday, November 13, 2009

SHOULD MEN CARRY PURSES?

When traveling, men are likely to carry some sort of bag or case. Businessmen have gone from briefcases, to computer cases or both. Businesswomen from purses to brief cases and computer cases. An evolution of sorts. Casually dressed men unabashedly carry fanny packs and computer cases. But what about purses? Its just a sturdy bag; is there really any difference? A purse has had a feminine connotation, but now, with so much gender equality has that changed?

I notice the marketing of mens gadget holders, over the shoulder contraptions that secure an i phone, travel documents, key holder, wallet and whatever. Its the faze-in to a man's purse, no matter what you call it. Gadget holder works for me.

Since I tend to carry a large bag, my partner tends to load it up with things that don't fit in his pocket or small fanny pack, so I end up lugging his "stuff" as well as mine.

It's okay, but I think he should dump the fanny pack and carry a purse, er, ah... gadget holder.

No comments: