Sunday, October 11, 2015

RECYCLING BIRDS.

22aba1aa-fbcc-4e76-a243-36d56b2d30d5
I'm an avid recycler and I tend to think of it as a human activity. But, hey, this smart bird proved me wrong.  Pretty clever. In years past when I was regularly quilting, I threw a handful of thread ends into my compost, and from there, birds decorated their nests with little blue and orange and red splotches of color among their nesting material. I guess we could call that a "decorator" nest.
I copped the picture from the internet and it had no accreditation for the photo.
DSC03081 (Copy)

I have favorite pictures I've taken over the years and this bird is one of them.   Click on it to enlarge it. I saw it on the side of the road in Palm Springs, California and stepped out, and quickly shot it and was stunned when I saw the results. I keep telling myself I'm going to have it developed and put on cards. But, first I have to find out what kind of bird it is. I think it is a dove or pigeon and I don't know the difference between a dove and a pigeon.  One of these days I'll take the time to look it up.

I'm still buried in paperwork, and revamping my office since getting my photo books, genealogy and other documents back since the fire.

No comments: