Thursday, December 3, 2009

MY SECRET

There was a time when I thought Christmas was mostly about kids. And it is, if you have kids at home. The secret is, I enjoy Christmas as much as any kid. The seasonal parties, get-togethers with friends, baking cookies, decorating, the wonder of the lights, the seasonal programs and the happiness imparted when you meet people on the street. Even strangers talk to you pleasantly during the Christmas Holidays.
Friends are the gold we've always been told they are, and I intend to party as much as I can.

Lighting the cherries jubilee brought Jan out with the fire extinguisher, but you can't beat back the holiday cheer even if you try.
Of course, while I suffer from terminal cheeriness, I must admit, it annoys some people who want to grump once in awhile. When we had little or nothing, Christmas was always special. We made it so. I hope everyone enjoys the holidays as much as I do. Even if its just lighting a few cherries on fire.

No comments: