Thursday, April 30, 2009

ELEPHANT INVENTORY




Collecting and the things people collect fascinate me. Probably because I'm a traveler and collector myself. My daughter-in-law started collecting elephants as a pre-teen and relatives and friends continue to add to her collection. Some people have the ability to resist collecting things, others don't. What fascinated me about Laurie's elephant collection is the many guises an elephant could take, from swizzle sticks, jewelry, wind chimes, baskets, tea pots, cookie jars, ash trays to musical instruments. She adroitly places them about the house, approximately 800 of them, in places they are visible, and yet fit into the general decor. Not easily done. I photo inventoried her collection for insurance purposes and wish I'd kept a copy of the photos to enjoy and share.

No comments: