Friday, October 9, 2015

AN EVENING WITH "MOJO" O'KEEFE.

DSC06724 (Copy)
I planned to go to dinner at Outer Aisle in Murphys, an interesting organic store that serves all organic food in their small restaurant. Their chef was burned out and the proceeds from dinner last Thursday were donated to him and his family. I was told that every Thursday would be a different family. My neighbor and I got ready to go when my brother called and said he wanted to go with us because he knew the musician hired to playing there last night. He met a woman he only knew as "Mojo" at a Stop Wall  Street demonstration last year but didn't know she could sing

When we arrived, we were told that there was no benefit dinner for another family, it was just that one time for their chef. I was really disappointed, but we stayed.

But, when Meghan Joy O'Keefe got up to play, she told the patrons that all proceeds from her performance would be donated to the Fire Recovery. In the audience was a woman who had burned out and the money flowed into the basket. It made me a happy camper, but even better,  "Mojo" is an excellent singer. She has a high soprano range and a deep alto as well. She sparkles and the music reached the stars.

Since I haven't blogged much this past year, I forgot my camera and during a break, she gave me a copy of her River Reflections CD with a home-made cover. In side are the lyrics from six different songs she's written and plays about the Mokelumne River. Her dedication reads:  To the Mokelumne River and to everyone and everything she touches that our river may remain a living gift to the many generations to come.

Meghan regularly plays at the Rosebud Cafe in Jackson, Amador County along with her brother's band.
Thanks, Meghan for turning our dinner into a benefit for fire victims after all.

No comments: