Wednesday, July 9, 2014

HYBRIDS

DSC06940 (Copy)

I love my Toyota Prius so much, I don’t’ want it totaled. Thus, it is still unfixed. I filed a complaint with the Insurance Commission and they agreed with me that Triple AAA should revalue my car because I installed a new EV battery pack in it 18 months ago. So, now I wait. The wheels of justice from insurance, complaints, etc. turn slowly.

Today, I went on line and looked at other electric vehicles, thinking maybe I’d  buy a second hand EV. Wow, the resale value is very high.

But, check out this:
The numbers are in – the Mitsubishi i-MiEV is the most affordable electric vehicle in the entire United States2. A federal tax credit of $7,500 reduces the total cost to $15,495. Your monthly payment will also be significantly cheaper than a combustion-engine vehicle, since the i-MiEV is 100% electric. That means no paying for gas, oil changes, transmission overhauls, or combustion-engine specific maintenance. As an owner of an electric vehicle, you also get a carpool access lane sticker, so you can get where you’re going even faster. Make sure you check your state for any additional savings!  The car gets 110 miles per charge and has several charging options.
Not Bad
I also checked Gas 2.0
 Volvo Planning Plug-In Hybrids For Every U.S. Model.
Another bit from Gas 2.0 which originally was published on a website I’d never heard of
EVobsession 
Here is the story:
Prime Minister Tobgay, of the mountain Kingdom of Bhutan recently visited Japan. While there, he asked executives at Nissan and Mitsubishi to help him replace every car on the capital’s roads with EVs.
Furthermore, these EVs would be powered by green, sustainable hydropower, which fuels Bhutan 100%. It actually produces so much excess power that 95% of it is exported to neighboring India. Bhutan had been trading this excess energy for petrol to power vehicles, but now that energy could be directed right back to residents’ homes. Could Bhutan be the first nation to go 100% electric?
Interesting thought. The U.S. should be so innovative and try for one small state and keep leveraging from there, state by state with gas stations given incentives to offer charging stations.  Think of the savings of no transmission rebuilds, oil changes, and so on. I like it.

No comments: