Saturday, December 14, 2013

IT MADE ME CRY.

DSC02185 (Copy)

My garage is narrow and when I load anything into my car, I pull out on the driveway first. I nearly slipped on the ice and decided to shovel off my driveway. I managed to get two wheel tracks and space on the passenger side, anyway.
DSC02184 (Copy)

I tossed the ice chunks as far to the left on ground that had already melted everything off. Hopefully today, what I shoveled will be melted. I found out very quickly that shoveling snow is not a job I'll try again. I don't own a snow shovel and never had to shovel in the 35 years I've lived in the Motherlode.
DSC02183 (Copy)

I let  my stove go cold and emptied ashes at the end of the day. I was feeling very accomplished by getting a number of paperwork chores, phone calls, and  then a good physical workout. But, this morning, in my email, came a Christmas story by Bob Welsh. It made me cry.
I suppose women are more emotional then men. I know when my oldest son was young I'd recommend a book and he'd say "Will it make me cry? I don't want one of those books that will make me cry."
 So, here is a video that made ME cry. It is from a veteran Highway Patrol Officer who served 29 years.
&http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxjZB5S_g7s&feature=youtu.benbsp;

No comments: