Saturday, October 4, 2014

NEIGHBORHOOD GANG?

DSC05435 (Copy)

Neighbor and friend, Jan Stewart is the hostess with the mostess. If anything is going on, it is always at her house. I don't know how she does it. Always throwing a bit of a party together at the last minute, with just the neighborhood "gang" as she refers to us. Never thought I'd be a gang member at this age.
DSC05436 (Copy)

This is the other Jan. A positive thinker and healer, petting Mikey. And I don't think there is a tattoo among us, unless Mikey has one.
DSC05437 (Copy)

Brian, and Becky listening to Jim expound on something. We all live close to each other.
DSC05438 (Copy)

Karen doesn't like her picture taken and kind of hid. But, I got her anyway.
DSC05440 (Copy)

We ate outside because the weather was so beautiful.  I just got a new haircut and got skinned, but the gang saluted my birthday.
Jan has a pond where a mountain lion, the coyotes, raccoons, and foxes come to drink. I'm so grateful to her for supplying water to the wild animals that frequent our neighborhood because the creek isn't flowing.  The power authority has cut off the water that used to flow behind her house. I remember when Big Dick Hogan lived across the street, he used to go up to the flume and kick out a board to keep a small trickle of  water coming down Peppermint Creek. He moved away twenty years ago. So Jan's pond is essential. I heard the lion squalling as we sat. Jan claims it will come and drink with her quietly sitting on the deck, but not when she has a group of noisy people talking. I think the lion wanted us to leave, so we did. It was a beautiful moon and starlit night. Perfect. Thank you Jan.

No comments: