Sunday, May 26, 2013

SIX MILLION RV'S ON THE ROAD.

DSC06616 (Copy)
Memorial Day is tomorrow. We read where there are an estimated six million rv's  on the road for this three-day holiday. Jim has a philosophy, and that is to hunker down somewhere for popular holidays and stay off the road. We spent Thursday night at an American Legion in Dillsburg,  PA. We saw bunches of vets with motorcycles headed for various parades and festivities honoring vets. Friday morning, he drove through another rain storm to bring us to a Thousand Trails in Hershey, PA.
DSC06622 (Copy)
 I took a couple of barn pictures between raindrops.
DSC06619 (Copy)
.
DSC06534 (Copy)
I compared the beauty of the land to this painting from the Shenandoah Valley Museum. The same general area.
DSC06511 (Copy)
And this painting. An unusual boat for American waters. I've never seen any thing like it. You can click on it to enlarge it.
DSC06626 (Copy)
It was beastly cold and we stayed in and read  and did computer chores most of the day. A short walk away, ducks were so cold we thought at first they were decoys; their heads tucked under wings.
Then, yesterday, we did our laundry and walked to the visitors center for a look around. The pool opened for the season, but I wasn't up to braving the cold. We looked through the library and traded books we've read for some we haven't.  I'm walking slowly, so Jim took an evening walk by himself.

I'm reading an excellent book entitled My Dream Of You by Nuala O'Faolain.  O'Faolain returns to her native Ireland to dig up a story of an aristocratic family during the potato famine. I'm French/Irish and it reminds me that there was genocide in Ireland during that horrific period. Living on the road for months at a time, gives me the luxury of reading good books as well as my trash novels, and I love it.

No comments: