Tuesday, November 22, 2011

BEAUTY SURROUNDS ME


Who says California has no fall season?  It isn’t like the Eastern fall. I’m very thankful for the beauty in my own yard, my gazebo, the color around me.

Looking out the driveway.

Near the Guest House.

On the railing.

My biggest Japanese Maple.

A bush in my yard color enhanced a bit with Picassa.

When I was picking them, I didn’t think this bucket of weeds was pretty. But, through the lens it reminds us that all of nature has a beauty of its own if you look for it.

“True” holly. I like to pick them at Christmas but the berries wilt right away. Still, the yard has a flash of fall brightness  for its presence.
Today is shopping day for special things I like at Thanksgiving. I read where American’s are downsizing the traditional dinner this year. We are too, but I’m thankful for the many choices we have and rethinking the way I shop for food. More on that another day.

No comments: