Sunday, October 10, 2010

WORK WEATHER

I had the privilege of designing my house, which was then built by my son, Doug, above. Everybody warned me don't build that balcony. It will leak. It did. Now comes the chore of redoing the flooring with a new acrylic product that is guaranteed for 15 years. Hmmm! I'll let you know in 15 years if it works. The weather cooperated and should be good for the next few days.
Jim finished small chores around the Motor Home including maintenance on the coach batteries which are charged by solar panels.
 For me, wading through magazines and paperwork is a continuous job. Election materials are a grand part. When I look at the billions, I mean billions of dollars spent on the parties trying to win this election, it makes me sick. I'm reminded of my blog from yesterday and thinking that fanatical candidates are all around us. Uncivil, divisive, name calling, dishonest, lies. Its ugly. Do any of them remember that divided we fail?

They argue about climate change and clean energy bills while China steps into the gap and becomes the world leader in clean energy with wind and solar panels.
They argue about the expense of rail and infrastructure and China rolls out major rail projects that give them a cost savings edge in getting product to market and people to jobs.
The new world leader is steam rolling while U.S. parties bicker and play to an audience. Its contentious, not civil debate. Its gridlock instead of progress. Its about power and control, not what is best for we the people.

No comments: