Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A SPRINGTIME SNOW


This was the scene at the edge of town when I drove into Murphys. Its spring, the daffodils have come and gone? The fruit trees are blooming? What's even worse,  my partner is sitting in Louisiana in 73 degree weather. He isn't called the weather wimp for nothing.
I'm only pretending to complain about the snow. Its pretty stuff and it melted in about two hours. The very best kind of snow in my opinion.


The inside of the house was frigid, as you might imagine when you see my living room ceiling with sheet rock missing. Pounding rains, while I was on the road,  leaked through a faulty flashing and soaked the ceiling until it turned to mush and gave way. My neighbor came in with the mail and luckily discovered it before the damaged ceiling hurt my furniture and flooring. Now, any attempt at heating the house sends heat up through the attic vents. 


 To deaden the shock, my neighbor brought me a bouquet of roses.


An old friend of mine used to say "I can fix anything but the break of day or a broken heart." I have a sweet neighbor and a  pretty smart friend.

1 comment:

pamela quyle said...

You are HOME! Some of us think that's great!! And my boyfriend sits in old Mississippi at 70'weather laughing at our snow, but I will get even in a month or so. PQ