Tuesday, November 3, 2009

POWER OF THE MOON

All of the science is in. Those people who claim to be affected by the moon, are just imagining it.
All science aside, the moon just seems an emotional beacon to me. I have difficulty sleeping during this time of year when the moon is close to the earth. And, I love to go out in the moonlight for a walk and just become bathed in its light and feel its power. I can understand why wolves howl at the moon and why its presence led to such great myths as werewolves. So, I gazed last night and aimed my camera to come up with this disappointing photo of the moon.

Aha! Internet.
Well the photos I found on the internet were almost as disappointing. Somehow, the power of the moon doesn't come through in a photo. It just doesn't give you that feel. I've always said, the same power that moves the moon moves me.
Science be damned.
There was one photo by Sheri Morgan you might want to visit.
The Nasa photos are somehow too clinical, but, they have a stark beauty to them.
The moon, the moon, the moon!

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2000/ast11sep_2.htm

http://media.photobucket.com/image/moon/sherimorgan47/Blu_Moon.jpg?o=20

And we danced by the light of the moon.


1 comment:

squawmama said...

The moon was definetly striking the last couple of nights.... Interesting post today Mary! Have a fun filled day.

(((HUGS)))
Donna