Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A NEW CAR?

DSC04023 (Copy)

Jim and I spent an hour with Ethan, my mechanic yesterday. While there, I saw a nifty, new car, unlike anything you’ve seen before.
DSC04017 (Copy)

I’ve seen this beauty around town now and then, but not close enough to talk to the owner.
DSC04020 (Copy)

It is a 1947 DeSoto on a Corvett Chassis. The original DeSoto was a four door, now reduced to a two door. Pretty classy. How do you like those bumper gears?
DSC04019 (Copy)

I probably should have asked him his name, but he was quite willing to show it off. He told me the color, Candy Apple Red, was patented by a friend of his. They both lived in Hayward at the time. The color was all the rage then, and he still  loves it.  His steering wheel is a gear, his tachometer on the dash is a piece from an old Model T. Everything is chromed, leathered and beautiful inside and out.
DSC04018 (Copy)

I suspect we’d all do it if it wasn’t so darned expensive. But, I’m glad someone does these things and makes it fun for all of us.

What hasn’t been fun, is to have a power strip mal-functioning and it took most of the morning to figure out why my battery went dead and then was only intermittently recharging. I told Jim a person needs an electronics mechanic at home to keep things running.

As they say, all’s well that ends well.

No comments: