Tuesday, October 12, 2010

AN UNUSUAL SPIDER APPEARED.

Yesterday, Karen discovered an unusual spider in the yard. She had seen it several times while I was gone and it made another appearance. I've lived here 33 years and have never seen a spider like this one. If anyone knows what kind of spider this is, please let me know. It has fake eyes on what looks like a shell back. Its legs are fuzzy and it is a dull orange in the fading light. Karen says in sunlight it is bright orange and yellow. I'm not an arachnophobe, but I certainly didn't want to tangle with this one. If its an invasive species, I want to kill it. Anyone???

Murphys has its grape stomp, other places celebrate Oktoberfest, or St. Patricks Day. Most small towns have a festival of some type. They are all fun, very individual, usually featuring food and drink of some kind. We've had the privilege of attending a number of them during our 16,000 mile trip. The gator race at New Iberia, LA, in March, was one of those festivals. Just the idea of a gator race kind of sets your mind to wondering? You can't help but smile when you see them.


People bring their dogs, kids, and, well, I don't know what this reptile is, but its cute.
This young man gave me his alligator beads.
Everybody of all ages danced to the great Cajun music.

No comments: