Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SEEING ART


My friend, Galen Hazelhofer is a talented artist. I'm a wanna-be artist and I so admire people who can create beautiful paintings or ceramics or sculpture. I have to settle for seeing art but I must say, I see art in almost everything, be it created by man or nature. Benches are all around us. Some people don't notice them. They catch my eye and I can't resist photographing them. Here are some just to tickle your appreciation for the mundane comfort stop offered all of us where ever we meander. The wagon wheel bench is for children, low to the ground. From Fredricksburg, Texas.
I particularly liked the shadow on the walk of this bench in Bellingham, WA. My thought at the time was you couldn't have a metal bench like this one in a hot summer climate.
This mosaic bench made of pieces of broken ceramics sits outside a shop in Angels Camp, CA.
Partly in shadow, but one beautiful foot, lions claw done in wood, and comfortable curved arm rest sits in the breezeway at the old Gage Hotel in Marathon, TX.

This low wooden bench from the Vallejo Ranch in Sonoma, CA was built when people were shorter than they are now.


This fun lollipop bench, also from Fredricksburg, TX, serves a dual purpose. A photo op for those willing to pose with heads poking through the lollipop holes in the back.
Although low to the ground this driftwood bench entices adults and children to enjoy foot play in the sand. From Lake Tahoe, CA.
What could be more appropriate than a bench made of horseshoes from the Old Tuscon Western Movie Studio?
Did I call these rest stops mundane?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In order to cope inside a fast-paced market, new applications are needed.
The facts are, people join MLM opportunities due to who introduced them.
A well-developed business plan is a lot like your blueprint for victory.


Here is my weblog bocznia piƂkowana wikipedia