Wednesday, November 13, 2019

PROFESSIONAL SENSE OF HUMOR.

We depend on our professionals, staid, serious, all of that. Nice to know they can also have a sense of humor:

One superior court justice to another:  "Gorgeous Day! Puts one in the mood for a landmark decision."    Ed Fisher from the New Yorker

Psychiatrist to patient:  "Good Lord!  I'd have guilt feelings too if I did something as rotten as that!"   Hoest in Good Housekeeping,

Elderly man to wife:  "You want to stay up for the weather forecast, or shall we wing it on my rheumatism?   From Field News.

Scientist to lab technician:  "At last!  A chemical with a name short enough to fit on our food label!"
 From Ralph Dunagin, Field News.

Man to travel agent:  "I'm planning this trip as a surprise for my wife. I'll cable her from Paris."
 Chon Day, New York Times

Doctor to overweight patient:  "And this medication should be taken on an empty stomach, Mr. Howard, if such an opportunity ever presents itself."   Campbell from Modern Medicine.
  
I guess we can call sarcasm humor.

I love this one:

IRS counselor to taxpayer:  "You can't use this loophole, it was designed for someone who makes a lot more money than you."  Ralph Dunagin, Field News.

1 comment:

CELPIP EXAM BOOKING said...

Coming across your webpage has been one of my highlights this January. This is what quality content looks like. The style, language and delivery meets every ECFMG CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS​ ​
I gotta make sure to bookmark this link and check out more of your content. Not everyday you learn HOW TO BECOME ECFMG CERTIFIED ​ , so this was very timely. Keep up the good work dear.