Sunday, January 17, 2016

THE BAND PLAYED FOR CAROLE.

IMG_2779 (Copy)

If you are going to have a birthday party as an adult, you expect to enjoy it. The band, dedicated their music to Carole Gordon, whose birthday was being celebrated.
IMG_2780 (Copy)

I don't know who they are, which didn't affect my enjoyment of their music. I heard guest, Alan Test, say, "Oh, that's Lightening Boy."  Lightening Boy moved quickly and I never did get his picture.
IMG_2781 (Copy)

Carole got up and danced-and the night was hers.
IMG_2789 (Copy)

These two singers and players are personal friends of Carole's.
IMG_2791 (Copy)

They each wrote a song about their experiences in Viet Nam and sang them. The man on the left wrote and dedicated a poem to her.
IMG_2777 (Copy)

The fellow doing sound and lighting reminded me of Rumbledore from Harry Potter.
IMG_2790 (Copy)

 Carole was a teacher at Michelson Elementary School when we moved to Murphys 37 years ago. As our kids grew up, we were both involved in AFS (American Field Service.)  My exchange student, Linda, from Indonesia and her exchange student, Phillip, from South Africa, were good friends during their year together in Murphys.  AFS is a bonding experience, much like a family. Jim and Alisha Riggs were at the party, too. Jim had a student from Ethiopia before my family got involved in AFS.
IMG_2774 (Copy)

Of course, the party wasn't only about the band. Selections of wine, beer and water.  The hors d'oeuvres were fabulous, followed by a full dinner of ribs, chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes and green beans.
IMG_2778 (Copy)

I missed taking a picture of this birthday cake before it got cut.
IMG_2792 (Copy)

But, I did get a picture of one of the chocolate cakes. All came from our local bakery in Murphys. Needless to say, I went home stuffed and smiling with pleasure.
IMG_2788 (Copy)

Where is that Lightening Boy?

No comments: