Sunday, January 24, 2016

A SUCCESSFUL BAY AREA VISIT.

DSC05105 (Copy)

I spent two nights in the Bay Area while I visited the Northern California Spine Institute. I'm fortunate to have friends and relatives who give me "hotel" space to keep my appointments. My friend Joy Kish and I met when my husband and I moved into our first house in Fremont when my oldest son was 8 months old. As our children grew in number and size, we, with other neighbors formed a baby-sitting co-op using a point system. Members took care of each others' children with no costs. The secretary who kept the books changed from month to month, so that each family shared in the work to keeping it going. I had foster children when we formed the co-op and the county rules were such that you could only have adults care for your foster children. The co-op allowed us an affordable way to step out, or get to a doctor's appointment without having to cart three kids to the doctor's office for one kid's appointment.  Joy and I share a lot of memories of raising our kids and our kids still have some contact in their 50's.  In a sense we are like extended family. We had dinner out at Chilis restaurant and enjoyed a couple of margaritas.

While home, I'm contemplating blogging every other day since I don't have much to say and I have plenty to do. A reader commented on a blog I did on Blaine, County Montana and I went back and read the blog and found it interesting. I am sometimes surprised at how much I've learned about this country during my travels with Jim and may re-blog some of them. Ciao.

No comments: