Thursday, October 3, 2013

CONSTITUTION, PETITION, JOBS.

 I love this country and sometimes think we forget about the fundamental purpose of our government as outlined in the guiding principles of the Preamble to the United States Constitution. I’m going to Print that preamble. Sometimes we  need to refresh our memory.
  I’ve had comments about my rail against the government shutdown. Most of my friends are Republicans. I don’t hate them nor anybody else. Like many of you, I’d like to do something about the situation, so I did. I signed a petition stating the Congress should have to give up their pay during the government shutdown. If you agree, go to this address. Not that a petition can make it happen, but it sends a sharp message.

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/no-barilla-pasta-for?id=-492306-LhMpGw&source=share_chain&fwd=1

Now, for the preamble:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

What a beautiful document our forefathers left us. Simple enough for a fifth grader to understand.
I also talked about jobs, and suggested an alternative view of the problems we face by watching the movie,  Heist. Who Stole The American Dream.  

The Millions  Of Jobs Group has put out a video about job creation that also gives an understandable presentation about job creation. You can view it at the following link:

https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_M

Food for thought. And, now I must get back to my plums and apples.

No comments: