Monday, December 20, 2010

A BIG LOAD

My friend Ron sent me an email with pictures of this "Big Load" moving on public roadways. 


For the past few weeks, a "super heavy" load has been making its way from Hardeeville SC, enroute to Boiling Springs NC. It is a large electric generator destined for a clean coal power plant. The generator weighs in at 1.98 million pounds and isn't something you just jump on an interstate freeway with and truck it on down the road. 
The whole thing kind of made me wonder how the Chinese would move this big generator. Since I visited China and saw how they use more manpower than machine power, even in their road building efforts, this gargantuan project made me curious. I remember people carried huge loads on their bicycles, tricycles and small motors. It was very interesting and I took many pictures but none as good as this series that I received in an email. 


Tires are really quite easy to stack. And moving a ladder with a bike (in the background) is nothing. But, just try it.


This guy doesn't even have the advantage of a bike. He has to keep moving. No one in China thinks a thing of a load like this. Its very common.
It doesn't matter what you have to carry, if it stacks, it moves. 
Stacking is an art in this country.



A great place to visit.