Friday, March 12, 2010

SIGNS ALONG THE WAY


When traveling, you become conscious of signs that kind of bend your eye.  I find them clever, beautiful or just plain humorous.  The After Dark Cafe kind of suggests a bit of mystery. Its from the Marigny District of New Orleans.

St. Martinsville even has a street sign for an alley, which I thought was amusing, including the name. No history of why it is so named.

I’ve seen a number of neighborhood watch signs but never with a burglar graphic. Right to the point.

This humorous piece of work was located in a fresh fish shop that didn’t have any fresh fish, as it turned out.

Drive by pictures are less than readable, sometimes. But, in heavily Catholic Cajun Country, this sign struck me as funny. I guess there are malcontents in every walk of life.

This New Orleans establishment did a clever take-off on the Urban Cowboy.

I’m not sure if this is an eating establishment or a Jazz Club. But, in any case, it was a beautiful neon.
Being a perpetual tourist is hard work, as Jim likes to joke. Its nice to rest and do nothing but sit around and read. I’m learning a lot about Louisiana history and enjoying it very much. I bought four books about Louisiana and have finished two of them. What a great state.

1 comment:

thafeb said...

see this page he said click for more info Visit This Link go to my site this website