Wednesday, June 21, 2017

HOSPITAL AGGRAVATION.

I believe I'm reasonably patient. I know about waiting in line. A necessity of life.

I took my lab form to the hospital lab, busy, busy, busy, to accommodate my housemate who needed an endoscopy. I figured I'd get my blood test while she was under the anesthesia. Then have lunch at the cafeteria before heading to  Lowe's to buy some paint.

Her procedure was over before I got out of the lunch room. My registration was one big snafu. (Someday I'll tell you what snafu means.)

But we can rise above such irritations by consulting the sages.

Here then, a French Proverb: "Write your injuries in sand, kindnesses in marble." 
Now that is something worth embracing.

"Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to all that befalls him."   Romain Gary
Hmmm! I wonder if women are exempt from that advice? Naw! Just kidding. It reminds me when reading the bible with my high school boyfriend, he would add, after all those manly quotes, "That means generic man, man or woman."  I might be a bit cynical, here. Bible, men only need apply?

Well, I ran across this Doctor's Office scenario by Ron Dentinger from Dodgeville, Wisconsin:

"My friend called his doctor's office for an appointment and was told, "'I'm sorry sir, we cannot fit you in for at least six weeks."
"I could be dead by then!"
"No problem, if your wife let's us know, we'll cancel the appointment."

Aha!  That made me laugh. I guess I didn't fail the sages after all.  Thanks to  Ron.

No comments: