Monday, March 16, 2015

AN OMINOUS INFECTION.

I started this blog on March 14th, but could never finish it because of a massive infection in my computer. It was so bad, it would block me from my on-line banking, I couldn't do my blog, my machine was useless. I had email only on a second computer, but could not access anything from my main computer. I guess when ads totally take over your computer, that IS a virus. But, I didn't understand how bad it could be. And, how can companies think you'll buy from them when they are crippling and annoying beyond belief.

The fix yesterday, giving remote control to a company that specializes in ad ware and trojans, etc. took from 7:21 am to 3:46 p.m. I couldn't believe how much work the guy had to devote to my mess after I handed over my money. It was cheap, considering.

Neglecting my computer, and on-line friends, and so many things on-line made me realize how much I depend on this machine and how much of my life is on this machine. In a way, it is scary.

That said, the house building project is humming along, but it involves days of decision making, choices, delays, and dealing with contractors via Doug. Distance makes it harder and things come up unexpectedly.

So, there you have it. This week is already full of commitments, some ordinary, like Doctor and Dentist and some to do with the house. My time is not my own and blogging will continue to be sporadic.

One of these days, I'll catch up!
 
Ciao

No comments: