Thursday, December 20, 2012

LEONARDO DIDN'T SMOKE.



DSC04241 (Copy)

At the doctor’s again yesterday, in one examination room, was a poster of a painting by Leonardo Da Vinci, that miracle inventor and artist. He rendered a death image with a cigarette hanging out of its mouth. I couldn’t help but think what an amazing man with such foresight to decide early in the game that cigarettes were a deadly habit. Shoot, and I thought that Native Americans brought the smoke habit to settlers and it spread from there.
DSC04238 (Copy)

I stopped at the post office for stamps. (Still haven’t mailed a card.) Today, for sure. I stopped to look at the art work from the kids at Head Start. And, their public Christmas tree.
DSC04239 (Copy)

I decorated my table with old Christmas cards two days ago, and covered them over with a plastic see-through cloth. Many people don’t send cards anymore and I’m glad I’ve kept a crop of them from the past to enjoy.
DSC04262 (Copy)
.
DSC04260 (Copy)
.
DSC04266 (Copy)
.
DSC04265 (Copy)
.
DSC04275 (Copy)
.
DSC04282 (Copy)
.
DSC04269 (Copy)
It is a bit of inspiration to get at it. And I do enjoy sending cards because it keeps me in touch with people I rarely see. Put the carols on, warm a cuppa cider…hmmm. Smells like Christmas already.

No comments: